Full package name: app-admin/blockhosts
Ok, this isn't really new; I decided to extract the ebuild from the HowTo.
So here is the blockhosts ebuild.
Some information about the package:
Blockhosts is a python script which records how many times a system service has been probed, using configurable pattern matching to recognize failed accesses (such as for "sshd" or "proftpd" or any service), and when a particular IP address exceeds a certain number of failed attempts that IP address is blocked by using one of the following techniques, e.g.:
- using TCP_WRAPPERS (writes to /etc/hosts.allow)
- using "ip route" commands to setup null-routing for attackers
- using IPtables to setup packet filtering for attackers
Frequently updated ebuild
This package is in the sunrise overlay. Please check out this link if you want up2date ebuilds.
- 2007-06-05, +blockhosts-2.0.3.ebuild
- 2007-06-09, +blockhosts-2.0.4.ebuild
- 2007-08-01, +blockhosts-2.0.5.ebuild
- 2007-09-21, +blockhosts-2.0.6.ebuild, prune
- 2007-10-01, +blockhosts-2.1.0.ebuild